Fix - "This change isn't allowed by your admin" Error While Removing a Google Account

Around a month ago Xposed framework was released for Oreo versions and it was a long awaited mod and as soon as it arrived I flashed it and installed dozens of modules all at once. The thing about Xposed is it can be an angel or a devil or even both at once if you have messed up with some of the modules or even one it can cause serious issues in your phone.


Even though I never faced "serious" issues but I do face minor glitches caused by modules and most of them can be fixed easily with a solution or a workaround. Similarly, one of the modules broke the hooks of registered Google account with the installed Google apps like can't sign in into Chrome browser or even consistent crash of Google Play Games consequently preventing all the games from running games which uses Play Games for sign up.


So, after minutes of Googling around and found that I should remove my account and register again but when I open my accounts panel and clicked on remove this account it came up with a silly error that I didn't allow myself to remove my account from my phone. Google could have added an option for admin verification like they already have everywhere but No! They just want a confused end user experience for the users. Look down at the screenshot below and check if you're getting the same error or your phone have blocked you out from somewhere else too.



The solution is pretty simple to this problem. Just go to your security settings and remove any lock you've been using and then try, it will work.


Instructions!
  • Open settings app
  • Go to security option or it maybe named as 'Security and Location' depending on the vendor. Just go where you can set a lock PIN or Pattern
  • Remove any PIN or Pattern lock you're using or just change it to swipe only
  • Now try removing the account, it should be working now

Note!
  • Do not wipe data of Play Services as it will not remove the account
  • Do not do factory reset, 95% of the phones problems are common and can be solved easily with just a little bit of research
  • This issue is commonly faced by users using Android v5.0 and above

Although removing account couldn't resolve my issue but it directly redirected me to a new problem and gave me a topic to write something here.

Let me know if you face any issues regarding Android in the comments below.

Comments

  1. I tried doing this. It won't work for me. I didn't even have a PIN or lock in my phone. Also I'm facing problems with all the Google apps. Except for chrome. Play store shows an error that authentication is required. And if I try removing the Google account it shows I can't make that change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have mods installed in your phone ??

      Delete
    2. I have the same problem and I do not have mods on my phone, a Google Pixel 2

      Delete
  2. Still having this issue. I have tried the above and even went to remove security Certificates. The account I wish to remove is not even a google account. It is some random thing I had no clue was even synced up as an account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is probably caused by some malicious app, try going through all the apps you've installed and see if there is any unwanted app and uninstall it also can you post a screenshot of the problem and I will check it

      Delete
  3. Nope. Didn't work a or me either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have any pin or pattern it's just swipe only

    ReplyDelete
  5. My play store is not working its saying authentication required, sign in to your Google account. I've tried to clear data of playstore because a web page said so, then I tried to remove my account and re-add it but it is saying that this change is not allowed by your admin.... Idk what to do now

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment